Access Statement for Pudding Cottage, Bakewell 21-02-2019
Pudding Cottage is a NO SMOKING, NO PETS Property.
People at risk at Pudding Cottage include both guests and employees of Derbyshire Cottages or the Owners of Pudding Cottage. People especially at risk: the most vulnerable guests are young children, the elderly and those with mobility difficulties, who may be unable to escape without assistance.
Our cottage is a Grade II Listed building (dating back to 1750) the property has been newly refurbished to a very high standard. The property is situated in the quiet conservation area of Bakewell.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- There is information about Pudding Cottage on The Derbyshire Cottages website. We also have our own website – www.puddingcottagebakewell.co.uk.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made with Derbyshire Cottages online, via email, fax or telephone or in a different format if you wish to contact us.
- The nearest bus stop is 500yards away in the centre of Bakewell.
- The nearest train station is Grindleford approx. 6 miles away. Taxis may be arranged from here.
ARRIVAL & PARKING FACILITIES
- Parking is opposite the property in the residents parking zone; a permit is issued, However you can unload outside the property, and help will be provided.
- There are two steps from the pavement down to the entrance of the cottage.
- The door is 82cm wide.
- The keys will normally be obtained from the owner who will meet you at an arranged time.
- The property has gas central heating throughout with radiators in every room and under floor heating in the bathroom. There is a Clearview log-burning stove in the lounge. An initial supply of logs is supplied.
- The front door is 82cm wide and the keyhole lock 90cm high.
The front door opens into the
- furniture is moveable – 1 fabric covered 2-seater sofa and 2 armchairs. Flooring is oak with rug in front of the hearth with grips underneath.
- Flat screen T.V with SKYbox and DVD; portable CD player/radio; IPOD/IPHONE Dock.
- There is free space of 1m
Lounge into Kitchen/dining room
- Door width 70cm
- There is a rectangular table, which can seat 4 people comfortably. It measures 70cm floor to lowest point, 111cm long, 83cm wide and 80cm high.
- Chairs are moveable with padded seats and no arms.
- There is free space of 1m clear of doors and furniture.
- Oak flooring throughout.
- The kitchen worktop is 92cm high. Electric oven door is drop down with gas hob at standard height.
- The sink is standard height with cupboards underneath.
- A standard size front-loading washing machine/drier is provided.
- A small dishwasher with front loading is provided.
- Spot lighting provides lighting.
- There is 1 m free space between all furniture and worktops.
- Fridge with freezer compartment; microwave available.
- Smoke detector fitted.
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
- Smoke alarm fitted.
- The stairs lead from the kitchen up to the two bedrooms on the first floor. The stairs are 20cm high, 68cm wide and 21cm deep.
- Door width 76cm. King size bed provided 6ft;
- Bed height floor to mattress 60cm. Non-feather pillows and duvets provided. Largest transfer space available to the left of the bed is 60cm.
- Bed is moveable is more space is required at either side.
- 2 built in wardrobes with drawers. Free space 2m x 2m.
- Flat screen TV in alcove with SKY channels.
- Bedside tables are 75cm high.
- Door width 76cm.
- Two single beds provided 2ft6.
- Bed height floor to mattress 70cm.
- Non-feather pillows and duvets provided.
- Beds are moveable.
- 1 built in wardrobe with drawers.
- Free space 2m x2m.
- Bedside tables 80cm high.
- Door width 76cm. Bath height 60cm with power shower over.
- Free space in bathroom free of doors and furniture is 2.5m x 1.5m.
- Toilet seat height 43cm. Space to right of toilet is 20cm and to the left 25cm. Flooring is tiled with bath mat.
- Good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture.
- Washbasin with granite topped vanity unit 103cm high.
Tiled cloak room area with space for shoes and hanging coats. This goes out onto the rear courtyard (back door 75cm wide ) with has no steps and a table and chairs for 4 people. The courtyard has flat stone flags, and flower tubs.
Information Folder is provided.
Mobile phone reception at the cottage is very good and we have free wifi
The nearest public telephone is 50 yards away at The Rutland Hotel.